CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
About the Position:
The Enrollment and Communications Director support the Waldorf School of Louisville in fulfilling its mission by effectively recruiting and retaining families who are inspired by and engaged in Waldorf education. This position develops and implements outreach, recruitment, and admissions with a mission of healthy enrollment for the institution. The Enrollment Director is responsible for ensuring consistent, warm, and welcoming connection with each prospective family throughout the enrollment process.
Additionally, this position serves as a Communications Coordinator and works closely with both the faculty and families to encourage a positive flow of communication. The ECD is the first point of contact for potential and current families and facilitates a dialogue between parents, Teaching and Administrative faculty, and trustees.
The ECD will join a small, creative, and highly collaborative Administrative Faculty that will work in close collaboration with the Teaching Faculty and BOT.
Admissions and Enrollment
- As the initial and main point of contact, build and maintain a strong relationship between the school and prospective families and outside vendors
- Develop and implement a long-range Enrollment Strategic Plan to increase enrollment with qualified students by evaluating trends; using data to establish critical measurements; reviewing and designing new systems and processes; outreach to prospective families; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change
- Shepherd prospective families through the enrollment process including fielding inquiries, coordinating school visits, communicating the Variable Tuition process, and collaborating with Teaching Faculty until enrollment is completed
- Work closely with the Teaching and Administrative Faculty to ensure the Waldorf pedagogy and philosophy is reflected throughout the admissions funnel
- Collaborate with the Business Office regarding Variable Tuition models and parent meetings.
- Lead outreach and admissions activities to provide prospective families with accurate information about WSL and to encourage them to take the next step of applying for admission. Review and modify admissions activities to achieve this goal
- Develop a base of feeder schools through cultivated relationships
Communications and Advocacy
- Responsible for all outward-facing communication and serves as the voice of the institution when communicating via community-wide emails, town-halls, and other parent education and engagement opportunities.
- Serves as the first point of contact for incoming and current parents,
- Serves as the Parent Advocate if a question or concern may arise and support from the Institution is needed. Ensure that the Concern is shepherded through a path to resolution.
- Maintains Parent Handbooks
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- Enthusiasm for Waldorf’s mission and commitment to WSL’s values
Strong desire for continuous growth and improvement on an individual and organizational level
- 3+ years of professional experience in enrollment preferred
- Excellent and proven project management skills, with the ability to stay organized, anticipate needs and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to build relationships with diverse audiences, and communicate in a clear, compelling, and diplomatic way
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as required
Location & Compensation:
When not subject to local workspace closure requirements, this position is on-site at WSL’s Campus. Organization hours are 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. Compensation for the role is commensurate with experience, with a salary up to $40,000 annually. Waldorf offers a generous benefits package including medical benefits, tuition remission, vacation, and company holidays.
Waldorf challenges staff professionally and provides ample opportunities for continuing education and on-the-job growth. Waldorf culture is uplifting and motivating, populated with dedicated, intelligent staff and a strong, established leadership team.
The Waldorf School is a safe space for all, regardless of race, gender, sexuality, country of origin, religion, or ability. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. WSL is a 501(c)3 community-serving nonprofit and an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to employ a diverse professional team representative of the young people it serves.
The Early Childhood program is looking for a warm and caring Extended Care Assistant. Benefits and onsite training available. $13 per hour.
The position is for Monday-Thursday 12:30-4:00
Letters of interest and resumes can be sent to Angeline Green. [email protected]
The Waldorf School of Louisville is now accepting applicants for the position of Lead Kindergarten Teacher for the 2021-2022 school year. We are an AWSNA accredited program and a full WECAN member located in Louisville, Kentucky. Please feel encouraged to browse our website, our Facebook, and our Instagram pages to learn more about us and our community.
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. The yearly salary range is based on education and experience. The teaching position will begin in August of 2021.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- Waldorf Early Childhood Education Certification from an approved WECAN program or a commitment to complete training
- Experience in a Waldorf setting preferred
- A minimum of three years of experience working with children in an educational setting
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- A deep commitment to Waldorf principles and an interest in self-development
- A desire to collaborate with parents and colleagues as well as contribute to the school community